Skip to main content

Up in Heaven

Up in Heaven is a most amazing God.

Up in Heaven is a place of no pain, no sorrow, no war.

Up in Heaven are people, dancing & singing.

Up in Heaven are the people we have loved so dearly.

They are there. We are here.

But someday... we will be in Heaven, with our most amazing God.

Someday... we will be in a place of no pain, no sorrow, no war.

Someday... we will join our family and friends in dancing and singing. We will once again shower each other in hugs and smiles. We will be truly alive in the Spirit.




Sending our love to a most amazing Grandpa who has blessed our family with his love, his humbleness, and his faith in God. We will miss you greatly Grandpa Eben. I'm sure your smiles are just as big in heaven as they were here on earth. 

Couple questions for you Grandpa: Are the streets really paved in gold? What is the light like up there? Can you see us smiling as we think of all the memories you have helped us make? Can you see us crying, as we realize we will miss our talks with you? Can you do me a favor and say hi to my Grandparents? Is my Grandma a good dancer or maybe she is playing the accordion again? Could you tell her hi from me? You met my Grandpa at my wedding - is he telling jokes in heaven? Oh, and if you could search out my Grandpa Ostermeier, tell him my time with him was much too short, but that I still love him very much. 

Oh, Grandpa Eben, you left an impression on my heart, and so many others. I don't think I will ever forget your kind heart and soft spoken words. Your love for God was prevalent in everything you did. You took care of your family and accepted all of us - even when you already had TONS of grandchildren, you were so excited to receive another, like me, through marriage. And oh how your eyes would light up when you held a grandchild. Yes, there is no denying that you will be missed. 

Thank you for the time you gave us. Enjoy your time now in heaven - you greatly deserve it. 

Love, 
Your Granddaughter-in-law,
Mara

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When silence is easiest

Life. Holy Toledo. Life has been, well, not sure if crazy really covers it at this point, but I'll go with that - Life has been crazy. I've been silent for awhile. There are the obvious reasons for the silence - A. I rarely have time to sit B. I'm exhausted C. Not a lot of time spent on me lately D. There are things I legally cannot write about to keep our kiddos safe But there are other reasons I've been silent. Silence is easy -  with silence, you don't have to answer the questions that haunt you. I think this silence comes from not knowing exactly what to say. The silence comes from this feeling of such overwhelming desire to have answers and knowledge of the unknown, that speaking outwardly of that unknown is - well - it's scary. About a month into our journey of welcoming four more children into our home, I read this article The Silence of Adoption    and I understood everything this woman was saying. Her words struck a chord. It was exactly eve...

Love & attachment

As I hug and kiss my son goodnight (for at least the third time, 2 hours past his bedtime!) I can't help but think about my other children. How I long to hold them in my arms, kiss them goodnight, show them how much they are loved, let them know that I will always be their mother. Yesterday Jon and I attended our first education meeting. This was put on by our local agency conducting our homestudy. The focus of this meeting was to talk about what to expect once our children are home. We learned a lot about "triggers" for our children - when life could be more difficult, we also learned more about attachment issues, and we learned/discussed what it will be like for our children to live in a "white privileged" family & neighborhood. Since this education, my mind has been swarming with many different thoughts. Many I'd like to try to convey into my writing, although this may take a few blogs. Tonight, as I work on getting my son to go to bed - and Stay ...

When life is changing

You know that thing when life changes? At first you are excited, everything is going great. You are on top of the world and although life isn't perfect, you know it can't get much better? Then you start realizing the nitty-gritties, the things that are starting to stir at your bellybutton. The small parts to the change that suddenly start feeling so huge. You start to panic. Your stomach starts to not agree with you and you regret this, and that, and this again. And then you calm yourself, take a deep breath, look at the positives around you, and tell yourself "this too shall pass". Until that wave of anxiety passes over you again and you continue the cycle of happy, nervous, anxious, happy, nervous, anxious - over and over again. This is where I'm at right now. Everything seems almost too overwhelming. So many changes, both older changes and new changes, that just aren't settling well. I'm trying so hard to stay positive and ride along with ...