Skip to main content

Announcements

So maybe the blog header is a little misleading today... there are no announcements to be made. But announcements, I would like to talk about.

What was more exciting for Jon & I, then to tell our family and friends about the baby growing inside of me! For two years I listened to numerous family and friends announce their upcoming arrivals, while we waited to make ours. The day finally came, and oh how good it felt! But then there was the other thought I had... who is saddened to hear that I am now pregnant? Because this is the feeling I not only had then, but now have had for at least a good five years of my married life.

When we finally made the decision to adopt, I felt freedom. It was like a big "burden" was taken off my shoulders. I could smile again when I heard the big announcements. It was finally a reality that we too would be growing our family, so I could stop worrying about not being pregnant.

This feeling of freedom from my thoughts, unfortunately, hasn't seemed to last long.

Last week our caseworker asked, "How do you feel when others in your life are pregnant." I truthfully answered that it used to be extremely hard for me, but now that we started the adoption process I finally didn't feel so upset. And then this last week happened. In the course of the last seven days, I have had at least five family or friends announce their upcoming arrivals, and I have found myself increasingly agitated by these announcements.  Am I happy for them - Most Definitely! Am I frustrated that isn't me - yep.

Yes, we've started the adoption process, but we have so long to go still. There is no announcement to make other than we sent another stack of mail to the corresponding agencies. There is no date to be spoken of. I want to shout from the rooftops that we are adding to our family, but in all reality, that could be two years away. I understand that that day will come, the day we can make Our announcement, but I selfishly want to be like the other girls... "our family will grow in (insert month)"...  "we are having a (insert gender)"... 

These are the real moments in life. The moments that test us. When something so simple and beautiful - an announcement - can feel like a punch to the gut. But it is my reality, one I'm doing my best to live with and understand.

But, God is with me and my family on this journey. I fully believe that He is not only here with me right now, giving me a huge hug - but he is also with my children, wherever they may be. He has a plan and will stick to it, no matter how many tears I shed or how many praises I send up. It's because of this knowledge that I am so thankful for my family and friends that have shared their good news announcements. May God bless them and their little ones soon to join us. I'm looking forward to the day that my children can meet them . :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four years.

Four years. Four years ago today, our second blessing jumped into our arms for the first time. Four years ago today, these two became brothers and best friends. Four years ago today, all our worlds changed. And yet, how can it have only been four years? Feels like he has been our son from day one. The Lord blessed us ten-fold the day we met you, my son, our Tope. My world is better with you in it.

Philippines Travel - Random Tips

When I say random tips, I truly mean random tips! I kept a list of random things we learned while traveling in the Philippines. If you are planning on traveling there at any time, some of these could be very useful, some will just be some fun knowledge to have. Many of these tips you will not learn from your adoption agency or travel agency! Here it goes! BEFORE YOU GO: Pictures of documents:  If you are taking your smart phone or a tablet with you, then take pictures of emails, addresses, and phone numbers you may need. More than once I didn't have that one piece of paper  that I needed with that random phone number, BUT I had taken photos of many of my emails with people's names and numbers and hotel addresses which saved us many headaches! If you have a smart phone, hold down the power key and the toggle key at the same time, and voila!, you take a picture of the screen you are looking at. Gifts : Many people bring gifts for their hosts/drivers, orphanages caretaker

A feminine touch

How often do you think God looks down upon us and laughs at the things we think and say? I have to think, if I were God, I would be having a good chuckle at least every other hour just listening to my thoughts alone! Here was His chuckle... Mara: "I think we are destined for all boys in this house. The craziness of these boys! oy! This is my life." God: "Lol! Haven't you heard that Everyone agrees that girls are much harder than boys!?!" Mara: "For certain the only "cute" clothes I will buy will include a collar and buttons." God: "Hehehe! You do realize that girls don't just need a pair of tennis shoes for the winter and sandals for the summer, right!? They need dress shoes, sandals, tennis shoes, cute boots, real boots, shiny shoes, easter shoes, christmas shoes...." Mara: "It would be fun to have another female in this house. These boys could use more feminine presence. They are much less crazy. " God: