Skip to main content

That feeling

It happened again. In church of all places. A place where a heavy heart should be thrown out of the window. A place where envy isn't welcome. A place where I should be reminded, more than any place else, that I should trust God.

That icky feeling happened.

The feeling where I question God. I wonder why.

The feeling where I envy the pregnant lady. I envy the families with multiple young children. I envy the baby being held.

I pretty much despise this feeling. I hate how it feels when it creeps up into my mind. I dislike the water that starts pooling in my eyes. And I feel like such a fool for having such thoughts.

The blessings in my life are beyond measure, especially when it comes to my wonderful little boy, Caleb. But I still question - "why?"

What do you suppose is God's answer when I ask? Is He scoffing at me and saying "not this again Mara." Is He pleading with me, "would you just Trust?" Is He rejoicing, saying "I'm thankful that you care and you want a family." Is He crying, feeling my pain? Is He smiling, knowing all that He holds in the future for me?

But that's just it... He's understanding. He's feeling. He's answering.

God is with me on this. God is with my family, both near and far.

So the icky feeling happens. So what. I'm human right? God hears my cries, but I'm sending up a lot of rejoices too, and that - I remind myself FREQUENTLY - is life.




Comments

  1. I know just how you feel Mara. I have been there. Sometimes, I still feel that way. You are human and you are allowed to have those feelings. Hugs friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet he was hugging you and telling you everything will make sense. He's probably waiting to send your family children that need you, Jon, and Caleb the most. You are an amazing mother and have such a huge heart, that is why envy crashes the party sometimes... You just have so much love to give that it hurts to not be able to give it. Your time will come :-) love you big sis (and true role model of someone that shares her unconditional love), I am blessed to have you, Jon, and Caleb in my life and I can't wait to Love my future nieces or nephews as much as you already do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

6 Months as Foster Parents

So the title may have had wittier moments in my head, but in all reality, it is full and honest truth. Six months as Foster Parents. I would like to know where the last half of a year went...

This summer was quite the season.  Although it is supposed to be a season of warmth, relaxation, and vacations, we were in a Winter. A really long, brutal, stormy winter, where you hunker down in your house and wonder when the storm will pass. On the sunny days of this winter, we basked in the light and enjoyed the 30 degree temps. On the cloudy, sub-below temp kind of days - well, we made it through to the next day.

To say I have learned more in the last six months than just about any other six months in my life, would be a completely accurate statement. The learning curve my husband and I have been on has been huge. There are days we scored a perfect 10. And there have been many more days where we have scored a 2, if being gracious in the scoring.

Trauma is - well I have words for it, but since…

What's the buzz?

With Easter just passed, I was realizing that I never listened to Jesus Christ Superstar - one of my favorite past times during Lent, as the music has always led me to think about Christ and how he related with his family and friends in those last moments before his death. Plus, I'm a sucker for any music from a musical. Imagine that!? So - What's the buzz? Tell me what's happenin'....

This year I missed the Superstar boat though with little downtime at home; however, I did find myself listening to Godspell one day as I organized my bedroom and was reminded of one of my favorite songs and its' lyrics....
All good gifts around us Are sent from heaven above So thank the Lord, oh thank the Lord For all His love I really want to thank you Lord!

All good gifts - my life is filled with so many. God is blessing us richly with a life that is full of truth, love, and spirit. Along with these blessings comes a multitude of new knowledge, some easy to grasp and hold onto, and some…

To the man who raised our son - In Memory of Pastor Dan

If all of us can only understand what compassion and grace truly mean,  this world might be a better place.  ~Pastor Dan Montenegro
There is a person I have dreamed of seeing again. I imagine our Tope, ten years older, as a young man, going back to where he was raised the first five years of his life. The walls of his orphanage would take shape and memories would form for Tope, memories that he would both share and keep to himself. We would share our memories too. Memories of when the gate opened and we first saw his face. Memories of the children that surrounded us, watching as he met his Mom & Dad for the first time. Memories of the caretakers that had spent so much time and love on our little boy. And then we would not just see the building, the new children living here, the memories of past and present, but we would see Pastor Dan standing there, standing proud and grinning as he would hold out his arms to embrace our son. 
This man.  He is kind, gentle, humble. He is a servant …