Skip to main content

Grandparents are the best!

We have now had day long visits from both sets of Grandparents and both boys are in love! It was a joy seeing Caleb's face light up seeing his Grandparents and then watching Tope as he started to get to know them. We could tell he recognized them from pictures he has looked at, both from the book we sent him while in the orphanage, and pictures we have around our home of the Grandparents. We spent our days by staying home and just enjoying our time together around the house. By the end of both visits, Tope was happy to give them all hugs and big smiles. 

We are beyond blessed to have such supportive parents that love their grandchildren with their whole hearts. Words cannot express how thankful we are for the love they share for us and our children. God is good.

Here are just a handful of pics from our days together. I'm sure there will be many more pictures to be taken in the years to come!  

Time with Grandpa & Grandma Schack...

Oh these two! They crack me up! Two peas in a pod.  :)
Grandpa shoveled a little trail for them in the snow.
Was hard to keep the boys from jumping around!
Finally they were able to take a "silly" picture.
 Time with Opa & Oma Ostermeier...

The boys were given early Easter baskets
that included these fun bunny mouth suckers.
Bubble blowing fun!



Lots of down time - always good!
Putting together a Jack Sparrow puzzle
A quick last picture before they were on their way home.
Thanks again for visiting us Grandpa & Grandma and Opa & Oma! Looking forward to seeing you all again soon!

Mara

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When silence is easiest

Life. Holy Toledo. Life has been, well, not sure if crazy really covers it at this point, but I'll go with that - Life has been crazy. I've been silent for awhile. There are the obvious reasons for the silence - A. I rarely have time to sit B. I'm exhausted C. Not a lot of time spent on me lately D. There are things I legally cannot write about to keep our kiddos safe But there are other reasons I've been silent. Silence is easy -  with silence, you don't have to answer the questions that haunt you. I think this silence comes from not knowing exactly what to say. The silence comes from this feeling of such overwhelming desire to have answers and knowledge of the unknown, that speaking outwardly of that unknown is - well - it's scary. About a month into our journey of welcoming four more children into our home, I read this article The Silence of Adoption    and I understood everything this woman was saying. Her words struck a chord. It was exactly eve...

Love & attachment

As I hug and kiss my son goodnight (for at least the third time, 2 hours past his bedtime!) I can't help but think about my other children. How I long to hold them in my arms, kiss them goodnight, show them how much they are loved, let them know that I will always be their mother. Yesterday Jon and I attended our first education meeting. This was put on by our local agency conducting our homestudy. The focus of this meeting was to talk about what to expect once our children are home. We learned a lot about "triggers" for our children - when life could be more difficult, we also learned more about attachment issues, and we learned/discussed what it will be like for our children to live in a "white privileged" family & neighborhood. Since this education, my mind has been swarming with many different thoughts. Many I'd like to try to convey into my writing, although this may take a few blogs. Tonight, as I work on getting my son to go to bed - and Stay ...

When life is changing

You know that thing when life changes? At first you are excited, everything is going great. You are on top of the world and although life isn't perfect, you know it can't get much better? Then you start realizing the nitty-gritties, the things that are starting to stir at your bellybutton. The small parts to the change that suddenly start feeling so huge. You start to panic. Your stomach starts to not agree with you and you regret this, and that, and this again. And then you calm yourself, take a deep breath, look at the positives around you, and tell yourself "this too shall pass". Until that wave of anxiety passes over you again and you continue the cycle of happy, nervous, anxious, happy, nervous, anxious - over and over again. This is where I'm at right now. Everything seems almost too overwhelming. So many changes, both older changes and new changes, that just aren't settling well. I'm trying so hard to stay positive and ride along with ...