Skip to main content

On my mind

Little C has really been on my mind lately. I've been anticipating what it will be like to have him here. Last night while Caleb got ready for bed, I realized he might not like the books Caleb likes to read. Today, walking on the sidewalk with Caleb I wondered if the boys will pick up sticks together, and find every puddle, making our walk last even longer. Cuddling with Caleb I thought about attachment and wondered what it will be like for Little C to have a family, since he hasn't had one for most of his life. Stroking Caleb's growing hair, I thought of Little C's dark full hair and wondered what it will look like in person - will he want a buzz cut like Caleb in the summer? At night I wonder if he will want to cuddle, or if he will want to stay in his room. During the day I go back and forth on what will be the best for him next year - which preschool should he attend, what kind of daycare to do, and how to find more time after work so we can get lots of time together before bed.

His picture is up on our fridge so I can see him each and everyday. I really wish we had more pictures of him. The one we have isn't even very good. He looks almost scared to have his picture taken and he is standing next to a wall. I want to see him in his element, at play, listening to music, with his friends and caretakers. Maybe I will get lucky and once everything is officially approved we can request a couple more pictures, but I'm not going to get my hopes up anytime soon.

I feel this urge of preparation. We have no idea when he will be joining our family, but our hopes are that it is sometime this summer, meaning we are within a handful of months away! I've started "big" projects around the house that I've been wanting to tackle. This weekend it has been the basement and Caleb's game/lego/puzzle/and very random items corner in the living room. Although it feels good to be getting things accomplished, the list seems never ending and I worry things won't get done before Little C comes home. Would it be the end of the world if things aren't done? No, of course not. But having these things done I think will allow me to feel at peace in my home and like I truly have the time to spend with the kids, instead of feeling like I need to get a million "to-do's" done. And in the midst of the big projects, we found that our shower has been leaking due to old grout. This revelation came when we found water dripping onto the floor below... argh. So now Jon is in the process of completely re-doing the shower grout stuff, something that has been on the to-do list, but not one we thought was of such priority... too bad taxes also need to be done! Oh well, I have faith he will do a great job on the shower and we can mark one of our to-do's off the list! Thinking positively!!!

Well, speaking of to-do's, piles of boxes I brought up from the basement have yet to be sorted and they are sitting right where I give voice lessons - tomorrow - so I best get going on finishing those! Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend! We sure did enjoy the Spring weather today (upper 40's). Loving that it is finally smelling like spring! YEY!

Oh! And don't forget! If you had been thinking of a new tote for the summer or are in need of a new lunch bag, now would be the time to buy! Our lovely friend, Karen, will give a percentage of her commission on every bag sold through the 11th (this Friday), to our travel fund.
Check out her Thirty-One page here:  https://www.mythirtyone.com/kguthmueller/  
All-Pro Tote and Pro Duffle
Let me know if you have any problems or questions. Thanks so much for your support!!!!!!

In Christ,
Mara

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four years.

Four years. Four years ago today, our second blessing jumped into our arms for the first time. Four years ago today, these two became brothers and best friends. Four years ago today, all our worlds changed. And yet, how can it have only been four years? Feels like he has been our son from day one. The Lord blessed us ten-fold the day we met you, my son, our Tope. My world is better with you in it.

Philippines Travel - Random Tips

When I say random tips, I truly mean random tips! I kept a list of random things we learned while traveling in the Philippines. If you are planning on traveling there at any time, some of these could be very useful, some will just be some fun knowledge to have. Many of these tips you will not learn from your adoption agency or travel agency! Here it goes! BEFORE YOU GO: Pictures of documents:  If you are taking your smart phone or a tablet with you, then take pictures of emails, addresses, and phone numbers you may need. More than once I didn't have that one piece of paper  that I needed with that random phone number, BUT I had taken photos of many of my emails with people's names and numbers and hotel addresses which saved us many headaches! If you have a smart phone, hold down the power key and the toggle key at the same time, and voila!, you take a picture of the screen you are looking at. Gifts : Many people bring gifts for their hosts/drivers, orphanages caretaker

A feminine touch

How often do you think God looks down upon us and laughs at the things we think and say? I have to think, if I were God, I would be having a good chuckle at least every other hour just listening to my thoughts alone! Here was His chuckle... Mara: "I think we are destined for all boys in this house. The craziness of these boys! oy! This is my life." God: "Lol! Haven't you heard that Everyone agrees that girls are much harder than boys!?!" Mara: "For certain the only "cute" clothes I will buy will include a collar and buttons." God: "Hehehe! You do realize that girls don't just need a pair of tennis shoes for the winter and sandals for the summer, right!? They need dress shoes, sandals, tennis shoes, cute boots, real boots, shiny shoes, easter shoes, christmas shoes...." Mara: "It would be fun to have another female in this house. These boys could use more feminine presence. They are much less crazy. " God: