Skip to main content

Giving back - Raising funds for Little C's Orphanage

Happy Sunday everyone!

It is a brisk, and yet, beautiful day here in Wisconsin! The colors on the trees are fantastic and there is a chill in the air that just feels right. We had a little snow the other night on the ground - yikes. I am not ready to see the white stuff yet. It is crazy to think that our Little C is going to be immersed so quickly into the cold! Poor little guy! He is going to go from 90 degree weather to... well... who knows what!?! Most definitely it will NOT be anywhere CLOSE to 90 degrees!!! Hopefully Little C is able to adapt quickly to the cold, and if not, then we will just make sure he always has on really warm clothing!

We were given word that Little C's passport is being processed! As soon as this is received, they will fly him to Manila to do the VISA physical examination and interview. As long as Little C's examination doesn't bring up any illnesses, such as TB, then we will be good to go and called shortly after the VISA visit! Our approximated time frame is now 4-6 weeks!!! So, in theory, Little C will hopefully be home by Thanksgiving or around that time - yey!

Now the craziness really begins. I'm already having troubles sleeping with to-do lists on my mind before we travel, lists of questions to ask while in the Philippines, wondering what the boys will think of each other, and the thoughts go on and on and on. Of course, maybe as a good thing, we are quite busy this fall between work, school, sports, family time, sleeping and eating.. I hope I am able to get it all done before Little C arrives, but I'm certain life will go on if the list is not fully completed, so I'm trying to take it all a little at a time. This weekend has included celebrating my sister accomplishing her Doctorate in Psychology - WOOT! WOOT! GO SIS!!!! And then today I sang at both church services, took some family pics for friends of mine, have a church meeting tonight, and this afternoon involves this blog post and cleaning out the freezer!!! Yes, "clean out the freezers" is on my to-do list. I think it will be a great one to mark off today! Plus then I can make some ready made freezer meals to put in there so I don't have to do a lot of cooking when Little C comes home... this is the plan at least.

Among all the business of life, Little C is always on the forefront of my mind. I am so anxious to learn more about him and the world that he has been living in. I've been thinking about his caretakers and his friends and wondering how he will react when we take him away from the only "home" he has known. I am so very grateful for the care and love his orphanage has given him for many years. They are Little C's family and thus they are our family too.

We would like to GIVE BACK to Little C's orphanage. No donation could be great enough to show our appreciation for all they do, but we would like to try and help them continue to spread love to the wonderful children that are in their care. Here is where we would like to ask you for your help. We have done a couple fundraisers to help us travel to the Philippines and we've been so very grateful for your support! We are going to hold one more fundraiser, but this time for Little C's orphanage.

It has been recommended that we give a donation of $1000 to the orphanage. Could you help us match that $1000 so we can donate $2000!?!? If 200 of our friends each donated $5, we would reach our goal! So... do you by chance have $5 in your wallet???

If you are able to donate towards Little C's orphanage, you can either give the money directly to Jon or myself. If you email or facebook us, we can send you our address if you'd like to send it in the mail. You can also send money through PayPal (with no fee if you send directly from your checking account I believe), use our jmschack@gmail.com email in order to send the money.

Thanks so much for supporting us, Little C, and his home. We appreciate your prayers and love!

So are you ready!?! Send your $5 today!
Caleb and our neighbor are excited... to donate their parent's money of course!  ;)

~ps~ We would be happy to accept more than $5 donations too  ;)

You are all such blessings!
In Christ,
Mara

Comments

  1. 4-6 weeks!!!! That's awesome!!! So excited for you guys. Will Caleb be traveling with you to the Phillippines?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We have his passport all ready to go! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

6 Months as Foster Parents

So the title may have had wittier moments in my head, but in all reality, it is full and honest truth. Six months as Foster Parents. I would like to know where the last half of a year went...

This summer was quite the season.  Although it is supposed to be a season of warmth, relaxation, and vacations, we were in a Winter. A really long, brutal, stormy winter, where you hunker down in your house and wonder when the storm will pass. On the sunny days of this winter, we basked in the light and enjoyed the 30 degree temps. On the cloudy, sub-below temp kind of days - well, we made it through to the next day.

To say I have learned more in the last six months than just about any other six months in my life, would be a completely accurate statement. The learning curve my husband and I have been on has been huge. There are days we scored a perfect 10. And there have been many more days where we have scored a 2, if being gracious in the scoring.

Trauma is - well I have words for it, but since…

What's the buzz?

With Easter just passed, I was realizing that I never listened to Jesus Christ Superstar - one of my favorite past times during Lent, as the music has always led me to think about Christ and how he related with his family and friends in those last moments before his death. Plus, I'm a sucker for any music from a musical. Imagine that!? So - What's the buzz? Tell me what's happenin'....

This year I missed the Superstar boat though with little downtime at home; however, I did find myself listening to Godspell one day as I organized my bedroom and was reminded of one of my favorite songs and its' lyrics....
All good gifts around us Are sent from heaven above So thank the Lord, oh thank the Lord For all His love I really want to thank you Lord!

All good gifts - my life is filled with so many. God is blessing us richly with a life that is full of truth, love, and spirit. Along with these blessings comes a multitude of new knowledge, some easy to grasp and hold onto, and some…

To the man who raised our son - In Memory of Pastor Dan

If all of us can only understand what compassion and grace truly mean,  this world might be a better place.  ~Pastor Dan Montenegro
There is a person I have dreamed of seeing again. I imagine our Tope, ten years older, as a young man, going back to where he was raised the first five years of his life. The walls of his orphanage would take shape and memories would form for Tope, memories that he would both share and keep to himself. We would share our memories too. Memories of when the gate opened and we first saw his face. Memories of the children that surrounded us, watching as he met his Mom & Dad for the first time. Memories of the caretakers that had spent so much time and love on our little boy. And then we would not just see the building, the new children living here, the memories of past and present, but we would see Pastor Dan standing there, standing proud and grinning as he would hold out his arms to embrace our son. 
This man.  He is kind, gentle, humble. He is a servant …