Skip to main content

Unnecessary Mama trauma

Take a good look at this kid....
Does he look like a kid his Mama should be worried about!?!
Nope. 
And yet, Monday night I laid in bed, sobbing, because this little boy was going into the big world - he was starting school for the first time. 
Look how little he looks!
Could I trust the "big" kids to not be mean on the bus?
Could I trust he would know where to go when he got to the school?
My precious little boy. 
He was so excited. I was so scared. 
I'm a teacher for Pete's sake!! Why am I scared to send my child to school!?!
Because I have to trust that I have given him the skills he needs to succeed. 
I am worried I'm too late and I forgot something he should already know. 
The worry that he may not succeed troubles me. I want him to be a great person - not perfect - but great, I want him to believe in HIMSELF. 
And more importantly, I don't want others taking any of his confidence away. 
But. I know he is strong. 
He is Our Caleb. 
God is with him as he starts his new chapter in life and I really believe Caleb will succeed in greatness. 
He is so loving, generous, funny, caring, proud, sincere, a great leader, is willing to learn, and a wonderful son. I believe Jon and I have helped him begin in these steps, along with the amazing "village" of people that have surrounded him the last 4.5 years. And now, God is telling me it is time for him to start soaring on his own. 

How God did you do it?
How did you let your son soar into the world?
It's hard. I love him so much. 
I want him to stay my innocent little one forever... 

Go into the world, wonderful little boy. 
Be great!
Be who You are - not who they think you are. 
Be Caleb
Be our son. 
We are so blessed to have you in our lives. 

Love,
Mommy

Ps- Caleb Loves school!!! 
:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four years.

Four years. Four years ago today, our second blessing jumped into our arms for the first time. Four years ago today, these two became brothers and best friends. Four years ago today, all our worlds changed. And yet, how can it have only been four years? Feels like he has been our son from day one. The Lord blessed us ten-fold the day we met you, my son, our Tope. My world is better with you in it.

Philippines Travel - Random Tips

When I say random tips, I truly mean random tips! I kept a list of random things we learned while traveling in the Philippines. If you are planning on traveling there at any time, some of these could be very useful, some will just be some fun knowledge to have. Many of these tips you will not learn from your adoption agency or travel agency! Here it goes! BEFORE YOU GO: Pictures of documents:  If you are taking your smart phone or a tablet with you, then take pictures of emails, addresses, and phone numbers you may need. More than once I didn't have that one piece of paper  that I needed with that random phone number, BUT I had taken photos of many of my emails with people's names and numbers and hotel addresses which saved us many headaches! If you have a smart phone, hold down the power key and the toggle key at the same time, and voila!, you take a picture of the screen you are looking at. Gifts : Many people bring gifts for their hosts/drivers, orphanages caretaker

A feminine touch

How often do you think God looks down upon us and laughs at the things we think and say? I have to think, if I were God, I would be having a good chuckle at least every other hour just listening to my thoughts alone! Here was His chuckle... Mara: "I think we are destined for all boys in this house. The craziness of these boys! oy! This is my life." God: "Lol! Haven't you heard that Everyone agrees that girls are much harder than boys!?!" Mara: "For certain the only "cute" clothes I will buy will include a collar and buttons." God: "Hehehe! You do realize that girls don't just need a pair of tennis shoes for the winter and sandals for the summer, right!? They need dress shoes, sandals, tennis shoes, cute boots, real boots, shiny shoes, easter shoes, christmas shoes...." Mara: "It would be fun to have another female in this house. These boys could use more feminine presence. They are much less crazy. " God: