Skip to main content

Until we meet again: A Fostercare Goodbye

For baby girl and big boy A -

Here is the time I must say goodbye to you, my sweet, sweet children. For almost four months, you have been a part of our family, a part of our daily life, and a big part of my heart.


Please know I do not see this as a forever goodbye, for I know I will see you again. It may be next month, catching up at the park. It could be next fall, waving in the hallway at school. Maybe we will see you at your next birthday party, and I can see how tall you've grown. Or perhaps we will attend your graduation, and congratulate you on the fine young adult that you are. And in the card I write you, I'll remind you of the the four months we had together, and how you still have a part of my heart.


Although maybe the next time I see you, time will have passed by many, many years. I will be at the store or I'll be walking down the street and I'll think-what a beautiful and confident young woman that is, or what a handsome and kind young man he is. You won't know who I am. I might not recognize who you are. But nonetheless, I know you will still be a part of my heart.


There are people that told us it would be too hard to let you go if that day ever came. Those people are right. I wish I could hold you forever, feel your hands in mine, and hug you until you smiled over and over again. But sometimes God has plans for us that are truly amazing. I may not understand it all, but I do understand this - I have been blessed with each moment that I was given to be your "Mom". I have watched you both grow and saw your personalities blossom.  I know God has great plans in store for you. You will be safe and loved. You were worth every minute of my time and love, even if it breaks my heart a little to see you go. Thank you for letting me be a part of your story and becoming a part of my heart. 



May God bless you and keep you.

Love you both. A bushel and a peck.

Your Foster Mom ~ Mara




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four years.

Four years. Four years ago today, our second blessing jumped into our arms for the first time. Four years ago today, these two became brothers and best friends. Four years ago today, all our worlds changed. And yet, how can it have only been four years? Feels like he has been our son from day one. The Lord blessed us ten-fold the day we met you, my son, our Tope. My world is better with you in it.

Philippines Travel - Random Tips

When I say random tips, I truly mean random tips! I kept a list of random things we learned while traveling in the Philippines. If you are planning on traveling there at any time, some of these could be very useful, some will just be some fun knowledge to have. Many of these tips you will not learn from your adoption agency or travel agency! Here it goes! BEFORE YOU GO: Pictures of documents:  If you are taking your smart phone or a tablet with you, then take pictures of emails, addresses, and phone numbers you may need. More than once I didn't have that one piece of paper  that I needed with that random phone number, BUT I had taken photos of many of my emails with people's names and numbers and hotel addresses which saved us many headaches! If you have a smart phone, hold down the power key and the toggle key at the same time, and voila!, you take a picture of the screen you are looking at. Gifts : Many people bring gifts for their hosts/drivers, orphanages caretaker

A feminine touch

How often do you think God looks down upon us and laughs at the things we think and say? I have to think, if I were God, I would be having a good chuckle at least every other hour just listening to my thoughts alone! Here was His chuckle... Mara: "I think we are destined for all boys in this house. The craziness of these boys! oy! This is my life." God: "Lol! Haven't you heard that Everyone agrees that girls are much harder than boys!?!" Mara: "For certain the only "cute" clothes I will buy will include a collar and buttons." God: "Hehehe! You do realize that girls don't just need a pair of tennis shoes for the winter and sandals for the summer, right!? They need dress shoes, sandals, tennis shoes, cute boots, real boots, shiny shoes, easter shoes, christmas shoes...." Mara: "It would be fun to have another female in this house. These boys could use more feminine presence. They are much less crazy. " God: