Skip to main content

Auction results! (and latest on Little C)

We've got ourselves a ticket folks!

We raised almost exactly $1500!! That will help cover at least one of our tickets to and from the Philippines. What a blessing!!!!!!!!

A HUGE thank you to all of our family and friends that donated items. This couldn't have happened without your donations! We had 58 items on the auction. FIFTY-EIGHT! Unbelievable. Thank you isn't enough.

Another BIG thank you goes to all those who bid! Admittedly, I stayed up many nights looking and watching for new bids - it was all very exciting the whole week. We hope all of our final bidders are happy with their winnings!!!

As far as when we will be purchasing these tickets - that is still very much unknown. Just got another call tonight from our caseworker at AGCI. She was able to contact our Philippines caseworker at the ICAB and was told that we were once again put to the side for another week. From what she gathers, there are several other cases that have been discussed at the board meetings and they just haven't been able to get to ours yet. They are "hoping" to finalize our documents next week at a meeting. I'm praying we get the call next week that our documents were actually looked at by the board! I hate knowing every week they put off our case is another week lost at home with Little C. I can only take 12 weeks off from work, but if he comes home in the summer then I will get extra weeks at home. Please put in some HUGE prayers that things start happening, and happening FAST - those extra weeks would be SO beneficial for a 5 year old who has never lived in a family before...

Pray, pray, pray!

Thanks  :)

In Christ,
Mara & Jon

Comments

  1. Mara,
    I bid on a couple of items. Have you notified the winning bidder on each item? I'm sorry I can't seem to find the bid items to look and see if I had high bid on anything.
    $1500! Wow, that's great.
    thanks,
    Jodi Bunnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you did win! Sorry, I tried notifying people with tags, but Facebook apparently wasn't working with me. A couple people have said they never got notifications :(

      I will email you tonight with information! THANKS!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your successful auction! You're so lucky to have such great support and love coming from your family and friends. Also, I read the latest update about the decision and it sure is great news. I'm with all your supporters and well-wishers in hoping that everything goes well with the process. Thank you for sharing!

    Gerald Mccarthy @ WEDO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When silence is easiest

Life. Holy Toledo. Life has been, well, not sure if crazy really covers it at this point, but I'll go with that - Life has been crazy. I've been silent for awhile. There are the obvious reasons for the silence - A. I rarely have time to sit B. I'm exhausted C. Not a lot of time spent on me lately D. There are things I legally cannot write about to keep our kiddos safe But there are other reasons I've been silent. Silence is easy -  with silence, you don't have to answer the questions that haunt you. I think this silence comes from not knowing exactly what to say. The silence comes from this feeling of such overwhelming desire to have answers and knowledge of the unknown, that speaking outwardly of that unknown is - well - it's scary. About a month into our journey of welcoming four more children into our home, I read this article The Silence of Adoption    and I understood everything this woman was saying. Her words struck a chord. It was exactly eve...

Love & attachment

As I hug and kiss my son goodnight (for at least the third time, 2 hours past his bedtime!) I can't help but think about my other children. How I long to hold them in my arms, kiss them goodnight, show them how much they are loved, let them know that I will always be their mother. Yesterday Jon and I attended our first education meeting. This was put on by our local agency conducting our homestudy. The focus of this meeting was to talk about what to expect once our children are home. We learned a lot about "triggers" for our children - when life could be more difficult, we also learned more about attachment issues, and we learned/discussed what it will be like for our children to live in a "white privileged" family & neighborhood. Since this education, my mind has been swarming with many different thoughts. Many I'd like to try to convey into my writing, although this may take a few blogs. Tonight, as I work on getting my son to go to bed - and Stay ...

When life is changing

You know that thing when life changes? At first you are excited, everything is going great. You are on top of the world and although life isn't perfect, you know it can't get much better? Then you start realizing the nitty-gritties, the things that are starting to stir at your bellybutton. The small parts to the change that suddenly start feeling so huge. You start to panic. Your stomach starts to not agree with you and you regret this, and that, and this again. And then you calm yourself, take a deep breath, look at the positives around you, and tell yourself "this too shall pass". Until that wave of anxiety passes over you again and you continue the cycle of happy, nervous, anxious, happy, nervous, anxious - over and over again. This is where I'm at right now. Everything seems almost too overwhelming. So many changes, both older changes and new changes, that just aren't settling well. I'm trying so hard to stay positive and ride along with ...