Skip to main content

Excitement in the house! ICAB finally made a decision!

Guess what!?!?...

Yep, the ICAB board FINALLY met (two weeks after we were told they would)....

And he is officially going to be ours!!!

Our Little C is coming home!!!!!

Woot! Woot!



I will now try to answer any questions you may have (to the best of my knowledge!)...

When did you find out?  I was called this morning during Caleb's swimming lessons. I saw there was a call from Portland and I didn't dare not answer - and then - for the first time in a while - I heard "I have good news!" - yey! Our socialworker got an email from the ICAB during the night which would have been during their Monday work day.

How did you react? Well, I didn't want to look like a mad woman!  ;)  But I did do a little crying and a lot of smiling. I then texted Jon right away since I knew he was in a meeting, and then I went and told Jon's parents as they happened to be watching swimming today as well! They were very excited too! After swimming I told Caleb and he gave a big "YES!" and there was a hop in his step. He's a very excited big brother!  Jon happened to glance at his texts while the person took a quick break and was very happy to see it! Yey! Yey! Yey! (Sorry for all of the exclamation points in this blog today!!!!!)

What's next? When does he come home? Good questions!!! Let me know when you know!  lol! So here is what I know... at a minimum it will be at least another 2 months before we travel to the Philippines to bring Little C home. We are currently waiting for immigration paperwork to come in the mail that we will have to sign in order to get Little C's Visa process started. We have been told to expect about 6 weeks for that process. Then after that things are a little fuzzy. I've heard that will take care of everything, and I've also heard that there are a couple other steps on the Philippines end before we can go. Still trying to clear all of this up, but since we are the first family adopting from the Philippines at our agency, our socialworker is still in the learning process too. I just know that now we have work to do to be prepared for bringing Little C home! I have a boy's room to complete, a quilt to make, a middle name to pick out, and probably lots of other things that I have no idea about. We are hoping to have one more fundraiser to hopefully pay for a second ticket and we would like to figure out what the orphanage needs are so we can take some bags of donations to the place that has raised Little C for so long. 


Thanks so much for all of the prayers and well wishes the last few months. You are all truly what have kept us sane. Although sometimes hard to answer, I really appreciate the questions and inquiries about our adoption process as it kept it "real" when everything seems like such a distant idea at times. The wait is far from over, but we are one HUGE step closer, and for that we are more than grateful!

Hallelujah!!!

Alright - now to try to get to sleep without thinking about my new and exciting to-do list....  ;)

In Christ~
Mara

Comments

  1. I am so excited for you! When do you get to reveal what C stands for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Yay! Yay! Awesome news!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Four years.

Four years. Four years ago today, our second blessing jumped into our arms for the first time. Four years ago today, these two became brothers and best friends. Four years ago today, all our worlds changed. And yet, how can it have only been four years? Feels like he has been our son from day one. The Lord blessed us ten-fold the day we met you, my son, our Tope. My world is better with you in it.

Philippines Travel - Random Tips

When I say random tips, I truly mean random tips! I kept a list of random things we learned while traveling in the Philippines. If you are planning on traveling there at any time, some of these could be very useful, some will just be some fun knowledge to have. Many of these tips you will not learn from your adoption agency or travel agency! Here it goes! BEFORE YOU GO: Pictures of documents:  If you are taking your smart phone or a tablet with you, then take pictures of emails, addresses, and phone numbers you may need. More than once I didn't have that one piece of paper  that I needed with that random phone number, BUT I had taken photos of many of my emails with people's names and numbers and hotel addresses which saved us many headaches! If you have a smart phone, hold down the power key and the toggle key at the same time, and voila!, you take a picture of the screen you are looking at. Gifts : Many people bring gifts for their hosts/drivers, orphanages caretaker

A feminine touch

How often do you think God looks down upon us and laughs at the things we think and say? I have to think, if I were God, I would be having a good chuckle at least every other hour just listening to my thoughts alone! Here was His chuckle... Mara: "I think we are destined for all boys in this house. The craziness of these boys! oy! This is my life." God: "Lol! Haven't you heard that Everyone agrees that girls are much harder than boys!?!" Mara: "For certain the only "cute" clothes I will buy will include a collar and buttons." God: "Hehehe! You do realize that girls don't just need a pair of tennis shoes for the winter and sandals for the summer, right!? They need dress shoes, sandals, tennis shoes, cute boots, real boots, shiny shoes, easter shoes, christmas shoes...." Mara: "It would be fun to have another female in this house. These boys could use more feminine presence. They are much less crazy. " God: