Skip to main content

In about 4 months

Here is the latest on our Little C..

Friday, we sent our immigration paperwork to the USCIS (United States Citizenship & Immigration Services). This paperwork is scheduled to take 4-6 weeks to process, although a friend of friend just got theirs done and it only took 2 weeks! So hopefully they are still moving at the same pace!

Friday afternoon we received word that our Final Acceptance letter had been received by our agency and was being directly sent to the Philippines. Along with this letter we also sent a photo book for Little C. The book included pictures of us, our dog, the house, pictures of things we like to do, and pictures of WINTER! Poor kid will most likely becoming home around winter time... it will be quite the shock to the system I'm sure.

Once immigration has processed our I-800 forms, we will give word to the Philippines that all is cleared on our end and then it is their turn to finish paperwork there. They will fly Little C to Manila where a passport will be issued and VISA interview and physical will be conducted. As long as his physical shows no signs of TB or any other red flags, we will be called and told to get our travel plans in order shortly following this visit!

Just got this for the boy's room-
a Henry David Thoreau quote.
Both fitting for the adoption process
and it is what we wish for the boys.
We are planning on this whole process to take about 4 months, could be shorter, could be longer. So basically anywhere from late October - February... I know, not the most narrow of fields, but at least it is something!!!!

I will keep you updated as the process moves along. Currently, now that the paperwork is done, I am back at it trying to get the boy's room ready. Did a little painting today with much more to come.
There may be a garage sale in a couple weeks, if I can find/make time to finish cleaning the corners of our house out! And a concert is in process to not only help raise funds for our travel, but also for physical and monetary donations to be made to the orphanage Little C has been living. All of this and the school year is starting up - I think I'm going to stay busy.  :)

Thanks again for all of your prayers and well wishes!!!!! 

In Christ ~
Mara

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four years.

Four years. Four years ago today, our second blessing jumped into our arms for the first time. Four years ago today, these two became brothers and best friends. Four years ago today, all our worlds changed. And yet, how can it have only been four years? Feels like he has been our son from day one. The Lord blessed us ten-fold the day we met you, my son, our Tope. My world is better with you in it.

Philippines Travel - Random Tips

When I say random tips, I truly mean random tips! I kept a list of random things we learned while traveling in the Philippines. If you are planning on traveling there at any time, some of these could be very useful, some will just be some fun knowledge to have. Many of these tips you will not learn from your adoption agency or travel agency! Here it goes! BEFORE YOU GO: Pictures of documents:  If you are taking your smart phone or a tablet with you, then take pictures of emails, addresses, and phone numbers you may need. More than once I didn't have that one piece of paper  that I needed with that random phone number, BUT I had taken photos of many of my emails with people's names and numbers and hotel addresses which saved us many headaches! If you have a smart phone, hold down the power key and the toggle key at the same time, and voila!, you take a picture of the screen you are looking at. Gifts : Many people bring gifts for their hosts/drivers, orphanages caretaker

A feminine touch

How often do you think God looks down upon us and laughs at the things we think and say? I have to think, if I were God, I would be having a good chuckle at least every other hour just listening to my thoughts alone! Here was His chuckle... Mara: "I think we are destined for all boys in this house. The craziness of these boys! oy! This is my life." God: "Lol! Haven't you heard that Everyone agrees that girls are much harder than boys!?!" Mara: "For certain the only "cute" clothes I will buy will include a collar and buttons." God: "Hehehe! You do realize that girls don't just need a pair of tennis shoes for the winter and sandals for the summer, right!? They need dress shoes, sandals, tennis shoes, cute boots, real boots, shiny shoes, easter shoes, christmas shoes...." Mara: "It would be fun to have another female in this house. These boys could use more feminine presence. They are much less crazy. " God: