Skip to main content

Caleb's "best day ever"

Do you remember your very best day from your childhood?

Maybe it was a day on vacation, when you got a new puppy, or having a big birthday party. Or maybe your best childhood day was like Caleb's day - a day with one of your favorite family members. Maybe your day was full of laughter and love. I hope that is what your day was, because Caleb and Tope's day was very special.

Was today a huge out of the ordinary day? Nope. Well, not other than my brother, Ethan, came to visit, otherwise the day went like a normal Saturday would around our house. 



Ethan came for lunch and then hung out with us while we played legos, chilled on the couch, chatted, and then he also played the occasional chase game with the boys. During one of these chase games, Caleb runs into the kitchen where I'm preparing supper and says, "I hope I never forget this day! This is one of my very best days. I really like the game we are playing! And Tope and I are even working together to beat Ethan!"

My heart stopped. Then my heart melted. Then I started to get teary-eyed.

Thank you to my brother who is a wonderful Uncle. I am so proud of the man you have become Ethan, and for the male figure you are in my son's lives. You are a blessing to us. Thank you for making memories for my boys. Thank you for making them laugh. Thank you for spending time with us and being a part of our family. 

And thank you to God, who is bonding these brothers! It is happening folks! These two are starting to show a stronger and stronger bond each and every day. It makes me the happiest of Mama's. 


They were playing a version, you could say, of peek-a-boo,
but instead of giggles, the boys would scream at Ethan when they
pulled the blanket down!

We were also blessed tonight with an amazing meal! One plus to my time off is that I have been able to try a couple new recipes, especially when Jon is home to watch the boys while I cook. I had planned to try a couple new things tonight and was so happy I did! We had buttermilk bisquits, buttermilk fried chicken tenders, and broccoli (with cheese at Jon's request). The meal was a hit and oh so good! I loved looking around the table full of boys and watch them smack their lips - it was a proud Wife/Mama/Cook/I can do this! moment.  :)


It has been different being at home so much during this time of bonding with Tope and understanding what it is like to be a family of four. At times I wish we could go out and do more, see more faces, have our typical routines of church, school, large functions, etc. But it is especially days like these that I am so very thankful for not only this adoption, but for the time it has created for my family to bond. It's good stuff. It really is. 




Enjoy the time with your family. You won't regret it. 
THESE are the BEST days to REMEMBER.

~In Christ
Mara





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four years.

Four years. Four years ago today, our second blessing jumped into our arms for the first time. Four years ago today, these two became brothers and best friends. Four years ago today, all our worlds changed. And yet, how can it have only been four years? Feels like he has been our son from day one. The Lord blessed us ten-fold the day we met you, my son, our Tope. My world is better with you in it.

Philippines Travel - Random Tips

When I say random tips, I truly mean random tips! I kept a list of random things we learned while traveling in the Philippines. If you are planning on traveling there at any time, some of these could be very useful, some will just be some fun knowledge to have. Many of these tips you will not learn from your adoption agency or travel agency! Here it goes! BEFORE YOU GO: Pictures of documents:  If you are taking your smart phone or a tablet with you, then take pictures of emails, addresses, and phone numbers you may need. More than once I didn't have that one piece of paper  that I needed with that random phone number, BUT I had taken photos of many of my emails with people's names and numbers and hotel addresses which saved us many headaches! If you have a smart phone, hold down the power key and the toggle key at the same time, and voila!, you take a picture of the screen you are looking at. Gifts : Many people bring gifts for their hosts/drivers, orphanages caretaker

A feminine touch

How often do you think God looks down upon us and laughs at the things we think and say? I have to think, if I were God, I would be having a good chuckle at least every other hour just listening to my thoughts alone! Here was His chuckle... Mara: "I think we are destined for all boys in this house. The craziness of these boys! oy! This is my life." God: "Lol! Haven't you heard that Everyone agrees that girls are much harder than boys!?!" Mara: "For certain the only "cute" clothes I will buy will include a collar and buttons." God: "Hehehe! You do realize that girls don't just need a pair of tennis shoes for the winter and sandals for the summer, right!? They need dress shoes, sandals, tennis shoes, cute boots, real boots, shiny shoes, easter shoes, christmas shoes...." Mara: "It would be fun to have another female in this house. These boys could use more feminine presence. They are much less crazy. " God: