Skip to main content

Not where I thought We'd be

Here I am trying to get ready for a week long "vacation" to work at camp. I am thrilled to be spending another week at Celebrate Me (http://www.celebrate-me.com/)! But unfortunately, I had hoped to be celebrating the Dossier (all the paperwork sent to Ethiopia-turning it in puts us officially on the waiting list) as well during this week, but alas, that is not to happen.

We have been tying up the loose ends of all the paperwork for our dossier for the last month or two. As of today, we have everything notarized and ready to go!

Our amazing notary, Sylvia!
She has been SUCH  a blessing to us! Working with us at odd times and never turning us down.
But, and this is a big BUT - we STILL do not have our homestudy! We were told that by the beginning of May, at the latest, we should most likely have the homestudy paperwork in our hands. However, over two months later, we are still IMPATIENTLY twiddling our thumbs, waiting for the paperwork to arrive. Some of you may ask, why is this an issue? - our dossier has to have all documents be within the last six months. Therefore, the fingerprints/background check that we had done in January, the ones we felt we were being so efficient and timely getting done, well those now are about to "expire" according to dossier timelines and if we don't get our dossier in soon we will be looking at another couple hundred dollars and another month to get a new background check - this, would not, not, not, not make me happy.

Moral of story here - for those who are looking into the adoption process, really do your homework on your agencies! I chose our International adoption agency because of so many people giving them high credit for being efficient and timely, and they were right! I always get answers by the end of the day and I adore working with All God's Children International! However, due to them working out of Oregon, we have to use a different agency for our homestudy. Although they have been pleasant people to work with, I am not at all impressed with their efficiency, and I am just overall very frustrated.

So. *BIG BREATH*. We are trying to take this all one day at a time.

I have gathered everything in order and all checks are made out and ready to go, so that if the homestudy does arrive next week, Jon can send it all to our International agency while I am away at camp. Unfortunately, I have this feeling I will still be the one to send it - after camp is over. I don't have very high hopes that our worker will completely follow through in a timely manner, as we have yet to see her do so - but maybe I'll be surprised this week.

Prayers are much appreciated at this time. I know so many of you are praying for us daily, and I can't thank you enough. There are days when I really feel like my prayers just won't be enough, and I think this is one of them. Yes, getting the dossier in won't get us a child any time Really soon, but just being on the waiting list will finally give us the chance to be paired with our children. We need to be on that waiting list!

And now I leave you with some random pictures - we had to put a bunch in our dossier documents to send to Ethiopia, so I thought some of you would enjoy them...

   
                                       Two Family Photos



Front & Back views of our home


 Indoor pictures: Dining room/Living room

 Indoor pictures: Kid bedroom & Kitchen

 Individual Parent Photos

Photo of the Parents together... Taken by Caleb!!!


And last, just to end my night with a smile... this picture was not put into the dossier, but Caleb wanted his picture on the rock outside of Sylvia's office, and he wanted to hold his "minion" (from the movie Despicable Me)
Love this picture!



 Good night all! I'm now off to do a little camp clothes packing before hitting the bed!

In Christ,
Mara

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four years.

Four years. Four years ago today, our second blessing jumped into our arms for the first time. Four years ago today, these two became brothers and best friends. Four years ago today, all our worlds changed. And yet, how can it have only been four years? Feels like he has been our son from day one. The Lord blessed us ten-fold the day we met you, my son, our Tope. My world is better with you in it.

Philippines Travel - Random Tips

When I say random tips, I truly mean random tips! I kept a list of random things we learned while traveling in the Philippines. If you are planning on traveling there at any time, some of these could be very useful, some will just be some fun knowledge to have. Many of these tips you will not learn from your adoption agency or travel agency! Here it goes! BEFORE YOU GO: Pictures of documents:  If you are taking your smart phone or a tablet with you, then take pictures of emails, addresses, and phone numbers you may need. More than once I didn't have that one piece of paper  that I needed with that random phone number, BUT I had taken photos of many of my emails with people's names and numbers and hotel addresses which saved us many headaches! If you have a smart phone, hold down the power key and the toggle key at the same time, and voila!, you take a picture of the screen you are looking at. Gifts : Many people bring gifts for their hosts/drivers, orphanages caretaker

A feminine touch

How often do you think God looks down upon us and laughs at the things we think and say? I have to think, if I were God, I would be having a good chuckle at least every other hour just listening to my thoughts alone! Here was His chuckle... Mara: "I think we are destined for all boys in this house. The craziness of these boys! oy! This is my life." God: "Lol! Haven't you heard that Everyone agrees that girls are much harder than boys!?!" Mara: "For certain the only "cute" clothes I will buy will include a collar and buttons." God: "Hehehe! You do realize that girls don't just need a pair of tennis shoes for the winter and sandals for the summer, right!? They need dress shoes, sandals, tennis shoes, cute boots, real boots, shiny shoes, easter shoes, christmas shoes...." Mara: "It would be fun to have another female in this house. These boys could use more feminine presence. They are much less crazy. " God: